Friday, August 18, 2006

She Got Flowers Again...

There is a chick here at work that gets flowers often.  She gets them for her birthday.  She gets them for Mothers Day. She gets them on Anniversaries.  She gets them what seems to be all the time.  Today she got them ‘just because’. The other day, another girl’s husband stopped by, brought her flowers and told her how much he appreciated her.

UGH!

I shouldn’t feel so bad when it happens but I can’t help it at times.  Being single for so long is getting old.  Truly.

3 comments:

jamwall said...

our former receptionist used to get flowers from these old dudes on a constant basis.

she eventually got married, came back from vacation and left one day saying that she "wanted to do more creative things" (translation: "my husband makes a shitload of money and i don't have to drag my ass to work anymore")

Anonymous said...

maybe she pays for the flowers and acts like other ppl are givin it to her

Anonymous said...

just remember, it doesn't mean much when you have to regularly buy something that is going to die in like a week.
I mean, how meaningful is it...
"Here hunny, have something that will die in a week, then I'll get you more because I can and it'll appear to be some feeble attempt at showing my love... which is dying about once a week.... but at least these flowers help refresh that love... for like a week!"

Where I've Been