Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Coming clean...

Most of you don’t know this but I have joined Weight Watchers.  Yup.  I really have.

I lost 23 pounds on my own from October to April but when I injured my leg on the trampoline with my nephew and had to stop rollerblading I gained 7 pounds back in a week and a half.  Obviously, this proved I don’t know the first thing about maintaining weight and thought I needed help. (Knee Ligament Saga Part 1 & Knee Ligament Saga Part 2 )

My aunt M has lost over 80 pounds on Weight Watchers and I believe my Cousin S is in the program too.  I thought, if they are having so much success then maybe I should try it out too.  I mean, I have proven to myself over and over that unless I’m sick or starving myself I can’t keep weight off.   I don’t know what I’m doing. 

My relationship with food is insatiable.  I love to eat and I don’t know many people who don’t enjoy it so really, I’m not unlike a lot of other people.  We need to do it to survive and it gets harder and harder to make the right decisions with the food industry throwing these crazy concoctions at us that taste like heaven.  Even so, I still put the food in my own mouth and no one else forced me to do it ya know?  I have to take responsibility and I’m trying.

I can see the error of my ways prior to joining weight watchers.  I didn’t eat a ton of food – I just ate the wrong kinds of food at the wrong time.  The first week, I lost 1.2 pounds.  The second week I lost 2.4 pounds.  This week… well, this week was a bad week.

I gained three pounds.

I’m so depressed.  I shouldn’t be over three pounds but I have worked so hard to lose those exact same three pounds two weeks prior.  I’d like to blame my forgetfulness of not taking my water pill like I usually do any other day but I fear that it can’t be that simple.  I mean, yes – it does attribute to the gain.  It’s possible that it even covers ¾ of the gain but not all of it.  I had to have done something differently this week and I admit I did.

In weight watchers you can eat whatever you like as long as you follow a budget of points.  Each food you eat is given a points value based on a calculation of the calories, fat and fiber.  The program is simple to follow and easy to figure out.  As well as keep track of your food value’s you have to track your activity as well.  Each activity you do counts as a certain amount of points.  You are able to take these activity points and add them to you point budget for the day.  You can chose to eat the additional points added to the budget or you can assist your weight loss faster by not eating them.

We learn about activity points in the third week.  Well, I opted to eat the additional points allotted to me in my budget.  I believe this is where my problem lies.  In the previous two weeks I didn’t eat them and I lost weight.  So, taking my water pill and being more focused on eating what is only in my original budget is where I must change my ways in order to have a super awesome week next week.

With that being said, I’m still upset and disappointed that I’m having so much trouble.  I know it’s just one week but it feels so huge after working so hard.  It’s times like this where I just wanna give up and eat whatever I want to again however, that got me nothing but fat. 

I can’t get what I want if I continue to do the things that got me here. Ugh.  This just sucks.

3 comments:

jamwall said...

keep it up! you've only been in the program for a few weeks. give it time.

maybe you should go over there and ask someone to yell at you.

Anonymous said...

Hey hun, don't sweat it. My super is on Weight Watchers, has been for 2 years, and she's lost something like 60 or 70 pounds.
Me and mine are considering LA Weight Loss because it's extremely similar to Weight Watchers, but more strict and (so rumor says) more effective.

That One Chick You Know said...

Thanks you guys. That means a lot. This sure is a tough thing to stick with but my future depends on it so I have to do it.

I'm glad I finally spilled my guts.

Where I've Been