Saturday, April 22, 2006

Today is the Half Marathon day!

I'm nervous.

I'm excited. I'm anxious. I'm happy.

I'm nervous.

My hands are shaking a bit. My stomach hurts. Does my forehead feel ok?

I'm nervous.

I have my wheels cleaned, rotated & oiled. Oiled too much probably. What if I fall?

I'm nervous.

I'm gonna beat the time from last year. I'm gonna feel great after this is done. If I can do this, I can do the next one plus the one after that! That is the big one. The mother of all.

I'm nervous.

My lucky shirt is dirty. I'm doing laundry. I need to get ready. Where is my skate bag? Where are my shoes? Where is my helmet?

I'm nervous.

Butterflies in my tummy. Do you have a peppermint to settle my stomach? My sister called and she is nervous too. We have to pull through this.

We're nervous.

We can do this! We have worked all year! We can do this. We are gonna do it together. Crossing the finish line and getting the T-shirt. The T-shirt that proves you did it. The T-shirt that proves you aren't a quitter. We can do this. We're gonna do this. Nothing is gonna hold us back.

Let's do it....

To feel like we accomplished something. To feel like we can do anything we set our minds too. To feel like we pushed ourselves. To do something we never though we could. To feel like we are who we think we are. To have fun and be active. To be healthy and alive. To encourage others to do the same. To brag that we did it. To be proud of ourselves...

I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did it go?

twolf1920 said...

Yeah how did it go!!?!?!?!?!?

Where I've Been